Terms and conditions
Welcome, and Thank you for using O7 Therapy services!
This “Terms and conditions” agreement is a legally binding agreement made by and between O7 Holding Limited company owner of O7 Therapy website and mobile applications, and you, as the user of O7 Therapy.
“Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the individual user of the service and accepting the company’s terms and conditions.
“The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to O7 Therapy.
“Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the client and ourselves, or either the client or ourselves.
“Services” or “Our Services” means the services provided by or through O7 Therapy.
By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our O7 Therapy. If you register with our website or are willing to pay for our services from our website, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL OR CALL THE MEDICAL EMERGENCY IMMEDIATELY.
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE OR IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TAKING ACTIONS THAT MAY CAUSE HARM TO YOU OR TO OTHERS OR IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON MAY BE IN ANY DANGER OR IF YOU HAVE ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICE NUMBER AND NOTIFY THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES.
- Our Services & Content
- The service
O7 Therapy is an online app that provides convenient access with certified psychotherapists and psychiatrists.
Through O7 Therapy, we provide convenient, confidential, high-quality online psychotherapy in different specialties for adults, couples & children.
Our services include text, images, graphics or any other content created by us or third parties including our therapists.
Third Party Content
The platform may contain other content, products or services which are offered or provided by third parties (“Third Party Content”), links to Third Party Content (including but not limited to links to other websites) or advertisements which are related to Third Party Content. We have no responsibility for the creation of any such Third Party Content, including (but not limited to) any related products, practices, terms or policies, and we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by any Third Party Content.
Any payment you make for the use of the services is used to compensate O7 Therapy for its software development, overhead, administrative services and other corporate costs and fees, including transaction fees for credit card usage.
The prices displayed per service on O7 Therapy are all inclusive.
We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit cards and Meeza cards. Unfortunately we don’t accept paypal, checks or bank transfer at the moment. In the sign up process, you will be asked to add your credit card information in order to process your payment.
If you make a payment for our products or services on O7 Therapy, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
Please be informed that multiple transactions may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.
As per the payment provider, O7 Therapy will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of Egypt.
- User Registration and Passwords
You can visit the website without exposing your identity or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however you wish to use O7 Therapy services, you will be asked to sign up and provide certain personal Information.
The information you provide must be correct and integral to be able to receive all forms of communication regarding your account.
Information collected under these circumstances will include but not be limited to:
1. User name or nickname of your choice
2. Email address
5. Date of Birth
By Signing up to O7 Therapy, you will be asked to create a password for your account. You agree, confirm and acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and any other security information related to your account (collectively “Account Access”). We advise you to change your password frequently and to take extra care in safeguarding your password.
Sessions time zone
The device you will be using to book and start your therapy session must be adjusted on the right time zone of your resident country, please make sure to update your time zone devices whenever you travel.
- Use of the Services by and on behalf of Minors
Age limitation to use our services
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website. By using O7 Therapy and by agreeing to this agreement you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If you create an account on O7 Therapy, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor and review new accounts before you may sign in and use our services. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of this agreement or that your conduct or content would tend to damage our reputation and goodwill. If we delete your account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register for our services. We may block your email address and internet protocol address to prevent further registration.
- Account Deactivation
Your account can be deactivated upon your request by visiting Contact us or sending email on firstname.lastname@example.org or at the discretion of O7 Therapy or any of O7 Therapy’s affiliates for failure to meet these terms and conditions.
- Account Security
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the services and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. You should immediately notify O7 Therapy of any unauthorized use of your account. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your transmission of data or files to O7 Therapy, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection to communicate with the services.
- Privacy and Security Policy
At O7 Therapy, privacy and confidentiality are our first priority. We have built our technology and infrastructure to serve this purpose in the first place.
Below are our basic privacy and confidentiality standards:
- You don’t need to identify yourself with your real name
We only ask you to add a nickname to be identified with on the system.
- All data is encrypted using 256-bit TLS encryption
End-to-End chat encryption allows for secure communication where only the intended recipient can read the secured message. We use both asymmetric and symmetric algorithms to encrypt the session. Session keys are generated with a device-unique hardware ID to avoid data being read from other devices. This ensures that the session cannot be eavesdropped on or tampered with.
- Sessions are not recorded
Any communication with your therapist is not recorded whether video or audio, only text messages are saved for you to get back to at any time, however you have the option to delete specific or all messages saved.
- Cookies use
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files that are saved on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”).
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used during the course of your visit to the website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within our website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for you while visiting our website or using our services.
Cookies may be set by O7 Therapy (first-party cookies), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (third party cookies). These third parties can recognize you when you visit our website and also when you visit certain other websites.
- Refund Policy
We’re so convinced you’ll absolutely love our services, that we’re willing to offer a 1 day (24 hours) risk-free money back guarantee before appointment time and your money will be fully refunded immediately to your account. The refund period will depend on your bank policies.
Please keep in mind that refunds will be done only through the original mode of payment.
In case of cancellation or reschedule before the session appointment by less than 24 hours , the below refund policy applies :
1. Cancellation or reschedule up to 6 hours before session , we will issue a refund only for 50% of the paid session fees
2. Cancellation or reschedule before the session appointment by less than 6 hours , a 100% penalty fees applies
- Prohibited uses
You must not:
1. Republish material from www.o7therapy.com
2. Sell, rent or sub-license material from www.o7therapy.com
3. Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from www.o7therapy.com
4. Redistribute content from O7 (unless content is specifically made for redistribution)
You are prohibited from using the website or its content:
1. For any unlawful purpose
2. To solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts
3. To violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances
4. To infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others
5. To harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability
6. To submit false or misleading information
7. To upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the service or of any related website, other websites, or the internet
8. To collect or track the personal information of others
9. To spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape
10. For any obscene or immoral purpose
11. To interfere with or circumvent the security features of the service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
All rights and restrictions contained in this agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
- Changes and Amendments
We reserve the right to modify this agreement or its policies relating to the website or services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this agreement on the website. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes
- Dispute Resolution
The formation, interpretation, and performance of this agreement and any disputes arising out of or in connection with the payment taking place on O7 Therapy shall be governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Egypt without regard to its rules on conflicts or choice of law and, to the extent applicable, the laws of Egypt. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the state and federal courts located in Egypt, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. You hereby waive any right to a jury trial in any proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement.
In the event of any dispute between the Parties arising out of or relating to this agreement (including a dispute relating to any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with this agreement), representatives of the Parties shall, within fifteen (15) calendar days of service of a written notice from either party to the other(s) (a Dispute Notice), hold a meeting (a Dispute Meeting) in an effort to resolve the dispute
Informed Consent Form
Counselling is a confidential process designed to help you address your concerns, come to a greater understanding of yourself and learn effective personal and interpersonal coping strategies. It involves a relationship between you and a trained therapist who has the desire and the willingness to accomplish your individual goals. Counselling involves sharing sensitive, personal and private information that may at times be distressing. During the course of counseling there may be periods of increased anxiety or confusion. Therapists at O7 Therapy work as members of a team in order to provide comprehensive care to their clients. If you see more than one therapist on our platform, they will be able to see each other’s treatment plans.
All interactions which take place in the setting of therapy are considered confidential. This includes requests by chat, all interactions with your therapist, any scheduling or appointment notes, all session content records and any progress notes that are taken during your sessions. Therapists will not even verify that you are a client. You may choose to give permission in writing to release any or specific information about you to any person or agency that you designate.
Limits to this agreement:
- Psychologists may disclose private information without consent in order to protect the patient or the public from serious harm if, for example:
- If there is evidence that you are a danger to yourself and the therapist believes that you are likely to kill yourself unless protective measure are taken. The therapist may be obligated to seek hospitalization for you or to contact family members or others who can help provide protection. As such, it is imperative that you provide us with an emergency contact.
- If the therapist learns of or believes that you are threatening serious harm to another person, the therapist is obligated to report this. This can be in the form of telling the person who you have threatened, contacting the police or placing you into hospitalization.
- Psychologists are required to report ongoing domestic violence, abuse or neglect of children, the elderly or people with disabilities. (However, if an adult discloses that he or she was abused as a child, the psychologist typically isn’t bound to report that abuse, unless there are other children continuing to be abused.)
- Psychologists may release information if they receive a court order. That might happen if a person’s mental health came into question during legal proceedings.
If you are not an adult, we need the permission of your parent or legal guardian (and their contact information) for you to participate in telepsychology sessions.
Benefits and Risks of Telepsychology
Telepsychology refers to providing psychotherapy services remotely using telecommunications technologies, such as video conferencing or telephone. One of the benefits of telepsychology is that the client and clinician can engage in services without being in the same physical location. It is also more convenient and takes less time. Telepsychology, however, requires technical competence on both our parts to be helpful. Although there are benefits of telepsychology, there are some differences between in-person psychotherapy and telepsychology, as well as some risks. For example:
- Risks to confidentiality. Because telepsychology sessions take place outside of the therapist’s private office, there is potential for other people to overhear sessions if you are not in a private place during the session. The therapist will take reasonable steps to ensure your privacy. But it is important for you to make sure you find a private place for our session where you will not be interrupted. It is also important for you to protect the privacy of the session on your cell phone or other device. You should participate in therapy only while in a room or area where other people are not present and cannot overhear the conversation.
- Issues related to technology. There are many ways that technology issues might impact telepsychology. For example, technology may stop working during a session. It is important to use a secure internet connection rather than public/free Wi-Fi.
- Crisis management and intervention. Therapists will not engage in telepsychology with clients who are currently in a crisis situation requiring high levels of support and intervention. Before engaging in telepsychology, you and the therapist will develop an emergency response plan to address potential crisis situations that may arise during the course of the telepsychology work.
- Efficacy. Most research shows that telepsychology is about as effective as in-person psychotherapy. However, some therapists believe that something is lost by not being in the same room. For example, there is debate about a therapist’s ability to fully understand non-verbal information when working remotely.
- Appropriateness. Your therapist may determine that due to certain circumstances, telepsychology is no longer appropriate. In such cases, O7 Therapy will ensure continuity of care by making arrangements for appropriate referrals to in-person services.
- Insurance Coverage. You should confirm with your insurance company that the video sessions will be reimbursed; if they are not reimbursed, you are responsible for full payment.
Please note that services provided by O7 Therapy do not usually include the writing of assessment/reports for legal purposes nor testimony in legal proceedings. In the event that such a request be made, an additional fee will be incurred.
- Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the website or its services you agree to be bound by this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the website and its services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this agreement or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may do so via the contact form.
This Document was last updated in July 2020.